|A series of reports and analyses designed to improve understanding of corporate governance practices of nearly 100 Brazilian equities.
Each Smoking Gun delves into the ownership structure, executive compensation practices, and corporate governance habits of companies that constitute Brazil's IBOVESP indexs, as well as about 30 other companies which are important.
Compilied by investment bankers MacDonald Lehner, each Smoking Guns Brazil report is a 2 page document designed to be a quick study on Brazilian equities.
Its component parts include:
- Float calculation: Most financial sources get the float wrong in Brazil. We don't. We cross reference company disclosure of shareholding patterns with supervisory body records. And when we find fa discrepancy, we'll analyze the results and determine the true number...and send it to the company for comment.
- CEO: We'll birefly profile the CEO and comment on any issues that may be relevant, such as other positions he/she may have which could compormise shareholder rights, etc.
- Board of Directors: We indicate who's on the board, how often they meet, what sort of attendance record they have, how many are insiders or independents, etc.
- Compensation: Smoking Guns look at the compensation patterns of executives and compare them with peers....and make a judgement on the strength or weakness of the oversight.
- Accounting: We qualify the company's accounting practices, identify theri auditor and look at the fees they pay.
- Poison Pills and Tag Along Rights: We llok for these pitfalls and protections, and elaborate on them when they are not shareholder firendly.
- Post sale support: When and if you have questions, we'll help you out. Mail or call and we'll dig further.
Click on a company on the right to go to take a closer look. And come boack to us often as we update the inventory.